It's been a few weeks since my last update, so this might take a couple posts. Two weeks ago I flew back to Albuquerque to visit the girlfriend and pick up my motorcycle. Kate was in the process of moving, so we worked a bit on packing and moving her things. I drove back Thursday morning to work at 1pm, then after work at 9pm I had to move into my new house. That took a couple hours and boy was I exhausted. The new house is pretty nice, but we are seriously lacking any furniture. My room isn't too bad as i have a desk, bed, and nightstand, but the other living areas of the house have next to nothing, lol. Savers and goodwill I guess!
Training here is going quite well. They will fully certify me in the facility tomorrow, and I start midnight shifts and weekly overtime this upcomming week. Six day weeks are not going to be fun, but at least they are paying overtime for it. Nationally, the government and our union have been in negotiations for the past month trying to fix a few things that got screwed up back in 2006. I was planning on moving to Phoenix next year based on the hope the negotiations would turn out good and Sky Harbor Airport would become a more desirable place to work for me. We just got the results of the negotiation today and I am definitely excited about coming to Phoenix now. Very positive news!
Here in Lubbock I haven't done a whole lot other than work so far. I've been attending a neat church called Experience Life. They have an amazing desire to be the hands and feet of Christ. I signed up for a gym and started working out, you know, so I can get huge and ripped, haha. I did get an xbox 360 just before I came down here, but I've only played it once so far. Fable 2 is a neato game by the way! Othere than that I haven't found a lot to do here. I plan on joining a Bible study group in a week or two and hopefully find a few other activities to do as well. Any ideas for things to do in Lubbock?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment